Not sure how many of you feel this way in your business, but it seems to me like it was just August and now suddenly it’s December!
Time sure does fly, and it often seems like you’re going along fine, getting everything done, making good progress…then time catches up with you.
I bring this up because it’s this time of the year when we’re working with many of our web marketing clients to discuss their goals and objectives for 2013.
- Do we want to grow sales?
- Is there a desire for growth in leads?
- Is the same product mix in effect for 2013 as it was for 2012?
- Are there any new markets (geographically or product based) as a company you are looking to target?
It’s good food for thought; a business should be pondering these kinds of ideas as the year draws to a close. For many, the end of the year and time over the holidays slows down a bit, so it’s an ideal time to capitalize to get a jump on 2013. Better to do it now than be part of the way into the year before you realize you haven’t rebalanced your marketing approach!
Some suggestions to foster ideas/input:
- Talk with your internal folks on what they are hearing from clients
- Talk to your sales force on what they are hearing in the marketplace
- Ask yourself/team – “how do we want to grow next year”
- Look at statistical data in your industry space to determine trends and opportunities of untapped potential you could potentially fill.
Happy “idea pondering” as the year draws to a close.
Spend as much time as possible with friends and family throughout the holiday season and have a VERY Merry Christmas.