No kidding, you say! But should supposed “experts” be the only ones to express their opinions?
I think not. It’s true – we’re not all the legitimate (or self-proclaimed) social media & content experts who are all over the internet these days. (Disclaimer: many are actually really good!) Even in my most elaborate fantasy land, I, personally, am not a blogging or content pro. So why keep reading you ask?? Let me give that a whirl…
The simplest answer is, neither are a lot of the business people looking online for information. So a motivator for someone like me to put my thoughts out there is that there are other business people like me looking for info in plain English.
People want the simple facts. What should they do? What works? What the challenge you encountered was and how you overcame it, etc…
Much of what I read online is awesome info, but there’s way too much of it. I don’t necessarily care about every new tool, gadget, free download, etc. What I care about are business challenges, business solutions, and did the solutions work.
That’s why I encourage more of us out there to get engaged online. It doesn’t have to be complex.
- Speak your thoughts – the more direct, the better
- Explain a challenge and how you overcame it – everyone likes to learn from these types of stories
- Tell everyone what you did over the weekend (ok, not too many of these please!)
- Pose a question that your business is facing and solicit advise (whether you like it or not, people will give it)
- Tout your business. Tell people why your business is great and why others should do business with you
So give it a shot. Put some thoughts down or start narrowing down some of the content out there that you feel is applicable. You might even find something compelling to you or your business that causes you to submit a reply or post of your very own!
Here’s just a quick list of some I try to keep tabs on:
Good luck and good content!